New Wildlife Regulations from 1 July 2019
The South Australian Government’s new National Parks and Wildlife (Wildlife) Regulations 2019
came into effect from 1 July 2019.
The Wildlife Regulations aim to protect and manage wildlife across South Australia by providing a
framework to better support people working with our native wildlife.
- Redefined permits to better reflect activities, with clearer purpose and limitations
- Reduction in reporting
- Easier online services for record keeping and permit applications
- Updated schedules for each species known to be kept in captivity based on difficulty of
management and conservation status.
Attached are some of the Guides that may be relevant to the work you do (click on the links):
- Information Protected Animals Rescue (pdf)
- Information to Take Protected Animals from the Wild (pdf)
- Wildlife Carer Permit (pdf)
- Wildlife Rehabilitation Facility Information (pdf)
- Summary of changes to schedules (pdf)
- Wildlife Carer Permit Information (pdf)
Full information is available at https://www.environment.sa.gov.au/licences-and-permits/wildlife-
A training session will be organised in the near future. Details will be posted on the Fauna Rescue
website and in August’s Newsletter.